Monday, April 20, 2009

Give

... the gift of a Star Trek novel and hand-dipped chocolates. Okay, maybe not that exactly, but something that shows you put more thought into what your loved one would want than what you would like to give. As a sci-fi adverse, "practicality is king" woman, I find gifting the aforementioned to my hubby is not easy. In fact, $20 for chocolate just feels wrong when there are perfectly good $.59 candy bars at the gas station down the street. But, I know he would like them. So, the verb this week is give ... in any form ... without expectation, with altruism. Try it and share your results.

Oh, and don't forget to come back next week to pick up our next verb.

5 comments:

  1. Good Job Jenn- Way to take the plunge.

    I will check in often. I will send you an invite to my history blog soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray for Jenn! I'm already on the verb this week! I give yard work, I give beef jerky. I give him an ironed shirt. Fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Me too Lael. I gave my hotel room toilet a plugging it will never forget and my classmates a nice smell to enjoy in the afternoon after I lifted weights at lunchtime. Sometimes I just give until it hurts, but you know, I'm that kind of guy. Seriously though, it's difficult at times when you're away on your own for so long to not be too self-centered.

    On another topic, huzzah for Jenn. It's about time the rest of the world who doesn't have the funds to pay for her writing will finally get to experience it. You're a wonderfully talented woman Jenn. Now all the pervs and predators online will know it as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Results: I gave an uninterrupted hour of playing Legos with my seven-year-old son.
    Building Lego spaceships: tolerable.
    Observing his creativity and dedication to details, including "invisible" Lego guards and a barricade modeled after the Great Wall of China: awesome.
    Leaving the laundry downstairs and unleashing my secret weapon--a rapelling rock monster--in the final seconds of our spaceship race for Lego crystals, only to be outpaced by my son flying his clone gunship and sporting a big smile: priceless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't tried my challenge yet, but I will and am just excited to see you in the blog world:) Will be checking back often. Great idea

    ReplyDelete